New price transparency rules from SRA
In December of 2018, The Solicitors Regulation Authority updated their price transparency rules.
This is due to a rise in Legal Ombudsman complaints in regards to the cost of certain services.
This means, that for our probate services, we must explain:
- Which services are included within the price your are originally quoted.
- Services not included within the quoted price.
- What the key stages are and typical timescales.
- Who is working on your account and their qualifications and experience.
It also means, for our probate fees, we must:
- Be clear and easy to understand.
- Provide a total cost (or average range).
- Explain the charges, such as hourly rates and fixed fees.
- List likely disbursements and their cost.
- Inform you of any VAT included.
Although we already keep to these rules, and also keep to best practices, this will mean that costs will increase for this service for all that provide it.
We, as always, aim to be transparent with all of our customers and will continue to inform you of the latest rules and regulations surrounding the services that we offer.
Luckily, these new rules do not change the various benefits that come with our probate services.
These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive funeral arrangements.
- Settlement of funeral costs.
- Professional assistance to apply for a Grant of Probate.
- Direct liaison with the Inland Revenue and the Probate Courts.
- Direct handling with banks, life assurance companies, employers, local authorities, Inland Revenue etc.
- HM Revenue and Customs form preparation.
- Completion of Probate Registry forms.
If you would like to speak to our team about probate in Southwold and administration services, then get in touch with them today. You can call us on 01473 636 965 or complete our simple contact form.